Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Sun is Shining

I am so sorry it's been a little while since my last post, I was feeling fairly drained after dumping all that out; nothing like an emotional purge! I am very glad that I did it though, I have been feeling great and very positive ever since! I feel much better now though. It has been a busy few weeks, my parents were away for a good 3 weeks in Bali (lucky them while we endured a horrible burst of winter) so I have been a busy house wife and Mumma to our assorted animals, student and check-out-chick.

Anyway, I have some things to share with you that are making me feel somewhat excited!

- In 6 weeks time I will be handing my thesis in. I am feeling pretty happy with the way it is going, and can't wait for it to be finished. I have a a busy month and a half to go though! I have decided to reward myself with a sky-dive once I have completed everything. I think I will be needing a bit rush of adrenalin by then and I really want to see our beatuiful city from a birds-eye-view.

- It has been stellar weather here for the last couple of days. After 3 weeks of rain, cold and horrible wind, it's a very welcome change! I have had a couple of great walks out in the sun and this makes me feel so great.

- There is a new interest in my life. Well he is rather interested in me and proving to be quiet sweet. We are yet to catch up in person though. We have known each other since we were about 14 but haven't seen each other in years. Anyway we will see how things pan out. I feel very flattered by his sweet messages that he keeps sending me though.

- I have a really busy social month this September filled with Birthday party's every weekend! I can't wait to spend some time celebrating with my wonderful friends!

- My Mum just came into my room while I was singing because she thought the sounds I was making were our cat being awfully loud. No, it was my singing. I had to laugh, because I know that my singing prowess isn't all that it's made up to be, I may feel like Beyonce but I certainly am not her!

- Today I found out that I have a new job! I used to work for Smiggle when I was living in Melbourne and they are opening their first store down here at the beginning of October. I can't wait to be selling something I love and believe in again! I will keep my job at the grocer's for the summer holidays just to earn some extra money, but I am very excited about the potential career paths that can be found within Smiggle.

- I love the new Bag Raider's song Shooting Stars. It is a great tune to listen to when exercising and getting ready for a night out on the town. I LOVE it! It gets me going! Speaking of music love, I have just re-discovered my love of The John Butler Trio, Jack Johnson (mind you he is never far from my heart) and the Presets.

- I have been working on another couple of posts, but due to my thesis occupying most of my time it may be sometime before you see them. The good part is, my creative juices are flowing and that makes me happy! I am looking forward to write more often once uni is finished up for this year!

How are all of you going? Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment