
This time in two weeks I will have handed my completed thesis in and I will hopefully be, and have been celebrating with friends and family. To be accurate, my thesis is due in about 13 days, on the 23rd of October. I expect that I will have it finished in about 10 days as it may take a couple of days for it to be printed- I need to have four copies and at the moment it will be 50+ pages! To have it ready for submission early would be wonderful and would be a load lifted off these very sore and tense shoulders of mine.
I am currently working through my first draft and the notes of my supervisor, making changes, re-writing and working to have a full and complete draft by Wednesday. That will leave me another 6-7days to finish it off. I am slowly ticking things off my "to finish" list. It's a nice feeling to be making some progress.
Yesterday I had my first day off in almost two weeks. I had a meeting with my supervisor, made some progress with my work, did some groceries for Mum and had a big nap in the afternoon sun. I have been fighting a cold this week and needed to catch up on some rest as well. I was also extremely tired as my sister and I had stayed up until midnight on Thursday to buy tickets to the Melbourne Big Day Out. We got through to entering our details and submitting our credit card numbers and then we were told that we would receive a confirmation email telling us whether our order had been successful or not. I couldn't wait up so went to bed and found out in the morning that our two tickets were on their way to us! I am very excited about next years show, the last Big Day Out I went to was in 2007, following a long term relationship break-up which hung like a big black cloud over my head the whole day. Next year's is going to be really fantastic, we are hoping to stay in St Kilda and have a couple of days hanging out and catching up with Melbourne friends.
I returned to work today and it was super busy again. It seems our new Smiggle store is just getting busier and busier as the days go by which is a great thing apart from our depleting stock levels which are making the shelves look a little bit sad! It is really fantastic to be back working somewhere that I love, selling something that I love and just being in the city. This evening it looked like I had missed out on a stunning day, but I have a feeling that there will be many more to come in the next few months.
The coming week has me working 5 shifts between my two jobs, with two full days off to do thesis, and two half days as well. I am going to be making a bit of a change in my life at the beginning of the week which I will announce to you all once I have done so. I am pleased with the progression that I will be taking, but at the moment, that is all I can really say! Ohhh secrets!
How has your week been? Any big life changes or progressions? I had best get back to my work, I hope that you all have a beautiful weekend, where ever you may be in this big wonderful world.
x
Good luck on your paper.
ReplyDeleteI am working on my essay, so I can relate. It will be a big weight off my shoulders as well.
I can't wait to hear what this big change is. :):)
xoali