Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hello, Welcome to My Wonderland.

I first discovered the blogosphere probably a year ago and have been an avid reader of various blogs ever since. For the past few months I have been thinking about starting a blog and after a few words of encouragement from a couple of bloggy-types I have decided to bite the bullet and create my own. I suppose the main reason for my hesitance in taking this next step has been my ability to write entertaining, thoughtful, clever and interesting posts; I ultimately would love this blog to be different, unique and enjoyable for me and my readers.

So why have I decided to blog? I am a media student and have studied the media and a bit of journalism for almost the last four years. My main areas of interest are the media and the changes that have been occurring within the sphere over the last decade; the introduction of new media in particularly; this online “world” never ceases to amaze me and I find the blogosphere incredibly amazing. I feel that if I want to continue on with my research and future work within the industry, then I need to be fully emerged within it. I also want to work on my writing; I have always loved to write and I want to share that again. I want to share my ideas, my stories, and my passions, and also learn about yours.

What can you expect to see in this blog? A little about me; a little about society; a little current affairs; the media and news; a little commentary on this extraordinary blogosphere; and a little about my secret pleasures- travel, food, wine & fashion. I think that is a nice little mix to start off with, and maybe down the track this little space of my own will progress into something different.

Welcome, please enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^. ^ welcome to the blog-o-sphere! Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your posts! I'm hoping to be a journalist, so I'm sure I'll love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome girl....I hope you will enjoy this blogworld....

    you can check me out here:

    http://zsattar.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the dark side, you'll love it!
    Can't wait to keep reading.
    Hope your having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the blogging world. I'm sure you'll love it, your bound to! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh cool! i'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete