Saturday, August 15, 2009

Just what I wished for

After a week of grey, rainy, wintery days we have been blessed with an unseasonally sunny, clear day of 18 degrees! Having been cooped up inside all week and suffering from cabin fever, I have spent a good few hours outside enjoying the warmth and sun. This is how I have spent my beautiful saturday...


My sister and I made beautiful fruit salad for our lunch which we ate from our giant pink teacups.

We sat outside and sunned our legs on the picnic table.

Spring blossoms have started to bloom on our fruit trees,

And spring bulbs are popping up around the garden.

I took a walk around the bay,

which is watched over by my mountain, Mount Wellington. I could see cars driving up to the pinnacle and I imagined the stunning views of our little city.

The rest of the afternoon will be spent relaxing, reading and spending time with my family. This evening I am going to get glammed up and head out for a girls night. We will drink Champagne and cocktails, gossip and giggle at some of our lovely waterfront bars.

3 comments:

  1. I did the same thing today; read outside and enjoyed the heat from the sun on my body.
    Sounds like a fun evening you have planned, hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous day! Everything about it screams fun & glamour. The blossoms on the tree are stunning, the amount of blue sky makes me envious and just the time to be able to do all those things is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete