
This week I have:
- Finally admitted to myself that I need to get over my lazy-ways (in all aspects of my life)! I have to stop thinking and start doing. I am the queen of procrastination and with 10 weeks until my thesis is due I cannot afford to waste my time! If I want to get the result I have set out to achieve, I really need to knuckle down and work, work, work. Having said that, I have had encouraging comments from my supervisor and some good tips on how to approach my thesis which I am going to apply to the work I have already done. I think that having been unwell a few weeks ago I have found it hard to get back into my routine and I am going to work really hard this coming week on getting back into that. I know when I am busier that I achieve so much more, so this week I am going to work to my lists, tick things off and not sit around and waste time!
- Had my hair done. My roots were getting very long and I was not digging the Shakira look anymore! I now have lovely golden locks :)
- Caught up with my best friend and her husband who had been on holidays for five weeks and loved hearing their travel tales. I now have a couple of more destinations that I would like to visit thanks to their recommendations!
- Had a couple of girls-nights in. Winter time is perfect for these types of evenings; a few nibblies and a good movie, chit-chat and keeping toasty.
- Been to the movies with my Sister and Mum to see My Sisters Keeper. I was a bit let down by it actually, it wasn't as good as the book for sure, and Cameron Diaz does not cut it as a Mum, she is too funny for serious roles. If you are wanting to see it, my recommendation is to wait for it to come out on DVD.
- Finally admitted to myself that I need to get over my lazy-ways (in all aspects of my life)! I have to stop thinking and start doing. I am the queen of procrastination and with 10 weeks until my thesis is due I cannot afford to waste my time! If I want to get the result I have set out to achieve, I really need to knuckle down and work, work, work. Having said that, I have had encouraging comments from my supervisor and some good tips on how to approach my thesis which I am going to apply to the work I have already done. I think that having been unwell a few weeks ago I have found it hard to get back into my routine and I am going to work really hard this coming week on getting back into that. I know when I am busier that I achieve so much more, so this week I am going to work to my lists, tick things off and not sit around and waste time!
- Had my hair done. My roots were getting very long and I was not digging the Shakira look anymore! I now have lovely golden locks :)
- Caught up with my best friend and her husband who had been on holidays for five weeks and loved hearing their travel tales. I now have a couple of more destinations that I would like to visit thanks to their recommendations!
- Had a couple of girls-nights in. Winter time is perfect for these types of evenings; a few nibblies and a good movie, chit-chat and keeping toasty.
- Been to the movies with my Sister and Mum to see My Sisters Keeper. I was a bit let down by it actually, it wasn't as good as the book for sure, and Cameron Diaz does not cut it as a Mum, she is too funny for serious roles. If you are wanting to see it, my recommendation is to wait for it to come out on DVD.
- Cooked dinner three times for my family. Instead of paying board, I have an agreement with my parents where I cook a few times a week and provide the food myself. This week I cooked three lovely healthy meals and I stayed under budget when shopping for the ingredients! I allocate a certain amount of money for each meal so I was very pleased to have change left over after every shop!
- Donated money to an orphanage in Africa where one of my old high school friends is volunteering. She called for donations when it was planned that August 8th would be the birthday for all the children who lived there as none of them have records of their birth-dates. They were going to throw a birthday party and give all the children a present to celebrate. I can't wait to hear about how it went and see her photos!
How was your week? What did you learn, plot and do?
x
No comments:
Post a Comment