Wednesday, August 5, 2009

10 Things About Moi!


Sorry for the lack of posts in the past couple of weeks. I have been rather busy getting back into my thesis which has left me a little unispired and distracted. To get myself back into this I have decided that a "fluffy" post is in order. As I am fairly new to all of this, I thought I would let you in on 10 snippets of information about yours truly.

1. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. My career choice changes almost daily!

2. I want to go skydiving in every continent that I visit. I first went skydiving in Nelson, New Zealand and it was the most invigorating and liberating experience that I have ever had and the biggest rush I have ever felt. Being a massive wuss when it comes to these type of activities, it opened me up to being more adventurous and to what I am capable of letting myself do. I must clarify that I did a tandem jump with an instructor their to pull the cord and control everything, I don't know if I will ever want to learn to do a jump solo, we will have to wait and see. I am hanging out to do a skydive over our home town, I think the views would be stunning.

Thats me and my grotty feet!

3. My favourite colour is pink and I doubt I will ever grow out of this. I have always loved pink and probably embrace it even more now than when I was a little girl as my Mum was a bit of a feminist and dressed my sister and I in bright and bold primary colours. I love the feminity of the colour.

4. Travel makes my heart sing. I thrive when I have travel plans in the works, when I don't have plans, my life and motivations come to a great big halt.



5. I have a slight fascination with the celebrity world, hence why my thesis is centred around this. Many think that the topic is airy-fairy, but I heavily contest this and would happily debate my case.

6. My dreams include cherry blossoms in Stanely Park in Vancouver, a handsome man and a boutque of pink peony roses.
Image by Aunt Owwee

7. I lived in Vancouver for a year when I was 19 and I would move back there in a heart beat.

8. I have a shockingly sweet tooth. Cupcakes, candy, cake, cookies, chocolate and fresh fruit ( you have to have some balance!) all suck me in!


9. Here is one piece of info that is sure to give you the giggles. I have freckle on my bottom. I have had it ever since I was a baby. My Mum once tried to pick it off once when she was changing my nappy. Who knows how I got a freckle there! I must have loved laying on my tummy in the sun!

10. Whenever I think about fruit and vegetables, I think of them according to the numerical code that we use for them at work. For example, strawberries are number 87, when I was at the supermarket today and the girl scanned my strawberries, I thought to myself "87".

Image by ^riza^

2 comments:

  1. I think you and me would get along great!
    The only differences are; I have yet to go sky-diving, I would rather wear blue than pink, and I have not lived/visited Vancouver, yet. Oh and I don't have a freckle on my bottom, but pretty much everywhere else, I am pretty freckley. And I think of the fruit as the colour it is, not number. :)
    Thanks for sharing, hope your having a lovely friday so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto number four, all the way.

    ReplyDelete